Mounting your TV on the wall always looks great, be it small, big or enormous! We’ve been doing it for years and we’ve learnt a few things along the way.
- No two TV wall mounting jobs are the same and it’s impossible to give an accurate quote over the phone. Are you mounting on an internal or external wall? Is your wall solid brick, brick veneer, stone or hebel? Do you want to hide the cables and if so, are there clear cavities and an accessible roof space?
- The best bracket is usually not the cheapest one in the store! A budget bracket might not be adjustable Additionally it may bend when under pressure and the screws provided are often not up to the job.
- Fixed brackets might cost less, but they’re also more difficult to work with and, obviously, don’t move once the TV is mounted. You’ll want to be certain of the position and height of your screen, and you won’t be able to tilt it, if you use a fixed bracket. The TV will sit close to the wall, making it harder to plug things in at the back and hiding cables can be more challenging.
- Sanus TV and sound bar mounts are great quality and our preferred range. There’s a mount to suit every situation, from flush to the wall to full motion TV wall mounts. Those that can extend, tile and swivel. It’s all about you, your space and your lifestyle.
- It always pays to be extra careful when mounting large TVs, they’re a significant investment and it might be best to have two pairs of hands to get it up on the wall.
- Modern TV screens are fragile! Take care when unpacking and get help when moving them, or (like our recent unfortunate customer) you could end up with a broken screen before it’s even been turned on.