Installing your TV isn’t as easy as it first appears. It sounds simple, just take your new TV out of the box and plug it in. In reality though it’s quite a complicated exercise and if you get it wrong the consequences can be costly. Here’s an Adelaide TV installation checklist and a few tips to help you.
- Are you physically able to lift the new TV into place? If not, make sure you enlist someone to give you a hand.
- Have you cleared enough space in the room to work safely? There’s lots of packaging inside that box and it’s going to spread out quickly. Make sure you leave enough room to work.
- Take the time to read the assembly instructions. I know guys, it’s boring and we don’t usually read instructions, but it does help. No two TV’s go together the same.
- Don’t put pressure on the screen with your fingers! You may think that screen is tough, but it’s actually not. Crack the screen and your new TV is toast.
- Make sure the screws holding the base on are nice and tight. Big TV’s are heavy and toppling over is not only bad for the TV, but it’s a safety hazard.
We were recently called to an Glenelg home to investigate what appeared to be a faulty screen on a new TV. On closer inspection the cause of the poor picture quality became obvious. The unsuspecting client had picked up the large TV by himself and squeezed the screen with his thumbs, resulting in the screen cracking. End result was a broken TV which needed replacing, before it was even plugged in. Don’t risk breaking your new TV.